NUS Scotland brings together students from colleges and universities all over Scotland to fight for changes which make a real difference to all students’ lives.
Students driving change
Through our members NUS Scotland represents around 500,000 students at college and university in Scotland. In the past three years alone, we’ve already won a lot:
- We’ve increased student support to improve HE student support.
- Free education has maintained for Scottish and EU students studying at university in Scotland.
- We successfully fought against college cuts reversing £127 million worth of planned budget cuts to colleges in Scotland.
- We secured votes at 16 meaning that 16 and 17 year olds will be able to vote in the Scottish Independence referendum.
All of our work is led by students.
Every year we hold an annual conference of student representatives in Scotland to decide which campaigns and policy work should be taken forward. Students are elected to lead the work of NUS Scotland, this year they are:
- Vonnie Sandlan, President
- Rob Henthorn, Vice President (Education)
- Conor Marshall, Vice President (Communities)
- Angela Alexander, Women’s Officer
Vonnie, Rob, Conor and Angela are joined on the Scottish Executive Committee (or SEC) to lead the work of NUS Scotland, and by volunteer liberation committee members who support the work of each liberation campaign.
Keep in touch
Keep in touch with the work that NUS Scotland does across the year by signing up to our newsletter or following us on social media.
NUS Scotland is located at 1 Papermill Wynd, McDonald Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4QL.
View Larger Map