Welcome to The Learning Academy!
The Learning Academy is the hub of learning and development for the student movement, created by NUS and expert training providers based on students’ union priorities. We provide learning opportunities delivered in a variety of methods including face-to-face, online and blended programmes. All training is delivered by experts from NUS or external partners and quality assured by the learning and development team.
Responding to your students’ union’s learning needs, the Learning Academy was launched in November 2017 with new dates for 2018 & 2019 now being announced!
Don't have the budget or time to send your staff on one of our courses? Let us come to you! We will organise an in house training event at your union at no extra cost! Get in touch for more info.
Navigate these pages to find out more about all of our courses and see our upcoming events below.
Leadership on Race Equity
This one day course for senior managers in students' unions will help you to understand issues of race and racism, and specifically how this manifests within the work place.
As a result of attending this course you will be able to:
- Discuss issues related to race and racism
- Organise opportunities to further personal learning on racism
- Organise opportunities to further others' learning on racism
- Resource and prioritise work on racism at an organisational level
- Advocate for race equity in your organisation
New date announced:
14 November 2018, NUS London
Train the Trainer
This is two day interactive training course which aims to train students' union staff and officers to create impactful training tailored to the needs of their audience.
As a result of this training you will be able to:
- Apply learning theory to improve training design
- Select a range of training activities to enhance engagement in learning
- Implement evaluation processes to further develop your training in future
- Create solutions to dealing with challenges that occur during training
New dates announced
22 - 23 January 2019, NUS London
16 - 17 April 2019, NUS London
Please visit the Train the Trainer page for more information including the registration deadlines.
Creating Equity at Work
This one day course introduces and explores ways to create an inclusive and equitable environment at work.
As a result of the training delegates will be able to:
- Organise opportunties to counter or reduce your unconscious bias.
- Demonstrate allyship with those from liberation groups.
- Prepare conversations that challenge oppressive behaviors to create behaviour change
New dates to be announced shortly
Please visit the Creating Equity at Work page for more information including the registration deadlines.
E- Learning Courses
Learn in your own time! Online courses include:
We would love to hear from you so if you have any questions or would like to make any suggestions please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org