I weld y dudalen hon yn Gymraeg, cliciwch yma.
The Welsh Government has published FAQs on Higher Education and Student Support.
- I’m not able to get through to Student Finance Wales to discuss my funding. Are lines closed?
- I am experiencing financial problems, what help is available to me?
- I am anxious and finding things very stressful. What support is available to me?
- My University is moving to online learning for my course (or providing work for me to complete at home). Will I still receive my student support from Student Finance Wales?
- If my University were to close, would I still receive my student support from Student Finance Wales?
- If I am ill, will I still receive my student support from Student Finance Wales?
- If I have to self-isolate, will I still receive my student support from Student Finance Wales?
- I have moved out of halls of residence/private rented student accommodation. Will I have to pay rent for the summer term?
- I have moved out of halls of residence/private rented student accommodation and moved back to my parents’ home. Will I retain the same level of maintenance support?
- Will my university be providing online provision in an accessible format?
- How will my learning, examinations and assessments be affected as provision moves from face-to-face teaching?
- How are Students’ Unions being supported at this time?
- My A levels have been cancelled. How does that affect my application to study at university? Some higher education providers are changing their offers. What should I do?
- What is the Welsh Government doing about this?
- What resources will be available for learners now face to face teaching has ceased? What approach will institutions take to allowing learners to resume study after the pandemic?
- What support will be available for learners who don't have access to computers at home?
- Some learners would have been due to start in spring 2020. What will happen with their courses?
- Have institutions attempted to identify learners whose own health, or the health of their dependents, may require special consideration when assessing risk and adapting procedures particularly as they will no longer physically attend?
- What is being done to support learners’ welfare and mental health in post-16 learning? Is there a role for additional government funding/ direction to do this?
- There is a need to support healthcare professional learners, what precautions or actions should these learners be taking?
- What will happen with graduations?
- What additional provision for Tier 4 visa advice is available, and is this provision being made available remotely?
- Will PGCE student grants be paid after May?
- How will institutions support students who remain in their accommodation? In particular, estranged students, international students, those self-isolating and those in catered accommodation with limited/no kitchen space?
- What is the impact on overseas activity and international students?
Universities are publishing regular updates on measures taken during the pandemic:
Your Students' Union
Students' unions in Wales are working to support their members during the coronavirus outbreak. Find our more and get in touch: