NUS UK Lay Director Recruitment Advert
NUS UK works to make the world better for students through campaigning across the UK. We spend our time mobilising students, meeting with policy makers, and winning over public opinion on the big issues which impact all 7million learners we represent.
NUS is 97 years old and this might be our most important period yet. We’ve changed the way we work, we’ve got ourselves on a stable footing, and we can’t wait to get going with our new organisation.
We are seeking to recruit four volunteer Lay Directors who can be excellent custodians of our reputation, finances, and legal responsibilities. We need to strengthen our relationships, be more visible, and win students back over to cause.
We are seeking to recruit the widest possible pool of talent to be NUS UK Directors. We need people who can oversee finance, risk, HR, and organisational development, but we also need a bit more than that.
We’re interested in the people who can support great campaigns, bring students together, and who can influence policy at the highest level. We’re particularly keen to hear from candidates who might have the below skills:
- Experience in acting as Non-Executive Directors particularly in relation to Finance and HR.
- Knowledge and experience of managing organisational change
- Comfortable in driving strategy led by NUS’ elected officers
- Experts in digital campaigns and using digital tools to enact change
- Enthusiasm and experience in youth-led campaigning
- An excellent track record in building campaigns around diversity, equality, and social justice
- A great knowledge of the Further Education/Higher Education sector
- A keen political antenna who can spot opportunities
- Wide ranging knowledge in building links with public and campaigning organisations.
We want a wide range of applicants with a diverse range of skills who share a common belief in the power of students to make change.
We’re totally committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation. We particularly welcome applications from black, asian and minority ethnic candidates, as they are currently under-represented as Directors of NUS UK and within the sector more broadly.
We’re not going to be a typical campaigning organisation and we believe diversity is our strength. If you are as excited as we are about what NUS UK can achieve over the next three years then we want to hear from you.
Applications are open from: 23rd January until 12:00 on 27th February
Interviews will be held: 16th April
Download NUS UK Lay Director Recruitment Advert
Download NUS UK Lay Director Recruitment Pack