NUS Charity Independent Director Recruitment Advert
NUS Charity exists to develop excellence across our members whilst also championing and showcasing students’ unions at a national level to enable maximum support for their work throughout the education sector and beyond.
We support over 500 students’ unions. We deliver training, give advice, run events, support commercial activity, and bring together, our member unions. We are nimble, adaptive, and committed to making sure our members can thrive in an ever changing political, economic, and cultural, landscape.
We are looking for four volunteer Independent Directors with a broad range of skills to drive this important work forward. We are interested in hearing from applicants who have the skills and experience to carry out the below.
- Experience in acting as Senior Leader/Non-Executive Directors particularly in Finance, Strategy or HR.
- Knowledge and experience of managing organisational change
- An awareness of the work of membership organisations and how to enhance their effectiveness
- Commercial expertise and an interest in growing our commercial offer
- An excellent track record in supporting organisations to deliver positive outcomes on diversity, equality, and social justice
- Experience in interrogating performance data and designing ways to measure organisational effectiveness
- A great record in fundraising for a range of organisations
- Worked in designing services in advice, capacity building, or crisis support (for organisations)
- Wide ranging knowledge in building links with public sector organisations.
We want a wide range of applicants with a diverse range of skills who share a common belief in the ability of students’ unions to affect change. This is open to anyone who believes they can volunteer to take NUS Charity on the next steps of its journey.
We’re totally committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation. We particularly welcome applications from black, asian and minority ethnic candidates, as they are currently under-represented as Directors of NUS UK and within the Charity sector more broadly.
Applications are open from: 23rd January until 12:00 on 27th February
Interviews will be held: 16th April
Download NUS Charity Independent Director Recruitment Advert
Download NUS Charity Independent Director Recruitment Pack