There are two funding schemes (one-off grants) which are currently available to ratepayers in Scotland through the Business Support Fund (which are being delivered by local authorities):
- Small Business Support Grant: A one-off £10,000 grant to ratepayers of small businesses
- Retail, Hospitality, Leisure Support Grant: A one-off grant of £25,000 available to retail, hospitality and leisure business ratepayers with a rateable value between £18,001 and £50,999
Could we be eligible?
- To apply for the Small Business Support Grant, you must be in receipt of the Small Business Bonus Scheme relief or Rural Relief.
- You can also get this grant if you applied for Nursery Relief, Business Growth Accelerator Relief, Disabled Relief, Fresh Start, Discretionary Sports Relief or Enterprise Areas Relief but are eligible for the Small Business Bonus Scheme.
- If you have multiple properties and are not eligible for the Small Business Bonus Scheme, you may still be eligible for a Small Business Support Grant (check here).
- To apply for the Retail, Hospitality, Leisure Support Grant, your rateable value needs to be between £18,001 and up to and including £51,000.
How do we access/receive this funding? Do we need to action anything?
- If students’ unions believe they may be eligible for one of these grants, they should contact their local authority, who are administering the scheme on behalf of the Scottish Government.
- You can apply for a grant from now until 31 March 2021.
- To apply, you'll need to complete an application form which can be found on your local council website.
- You can find the Full Funding Guidance for Scottish Businesses here.
Other useful links for students’ unions based in Scotland: