USSU's 'I Heart Consent' campaign aims to tackle myths, misunderstandings and problematic perspectives about rape, sexual consent and sexual harassment, and educate Sussex students on these issues.
- To implement annual consent training for student groups, including committee members at the Activities Conference, Student Reps, Residential Advisors, Student media committees (Badger, UniTV and URF), relevant Students' Union staff, I Heart Consent campaign volunteers and the Freshers welcome team.
- Continue and extend the implementation of sexual violence care pathways training for University security, and basic awareness training for frontline University staff.
- To ensure the implementation of annual training in the sexual violence care pathways for all Union staff, and annual Good Night Out training for all Students’ Union bar staff.
- Run a series of activities and high profile events - academic and otherwise - which will aim to educate students about consent and tackle common myths.
- To empower our Union-led volunteers to encourage other Sussex students to challenge sexual harassment, objectification and problematic perspectives of consent through social media and in everyday interactions.
- To create an outreach initiative and work in conjunction with organisations in Brighton.
- To create a series of physical and online marketing materials, including posters, coasters, mugs and t-shirts aimed at educating students about consent and tackling common myths.
Links to the 'I Heart Consent' campaign:
Sussex's 'I Heart Consent' camapign in the press:
University of Sussex's Resources