Priorities for the year are determined by the manifestos on which the full time officers are elected.
The priorities for the year 2016/17 are:
- LGBT+ representation in Students' Unions
- LGBT+ attainment
- Ensuring sex and relationship education is LGBT+ inclusive
- Fighting for students who are estranged
- LGBT+ and Faith work
- Lobby against NHS cuts which affect gender identity clinics and other LGBT+ services
- Working with the International Students campaign to support and campaign on the issues surrounding LGBT+ asylum seekers.
- Increasing the involvement of Black students within the LGBT+ campaign and researching the experiences of Black LGBT+ students in education
- Hate Crime
We will work on these priorities in a number of ways, to stay in touch about any of these areas of work please explore the other webpages, join the Jiscmail, Facebook group, or email us on LGBT@nus.org.uk.