We provide strategic HR consultancy to students' unions in a range of areas. The scale of support can range from as little as one day to projects which run for many months. Some of the ways we've supported student's unions include:
- Reviewing and updating/re-writing HR policies and employee handbooks.
- Establishing and delivering action plans to attain external benchmarks such as Investors in People and Leaders in Diversity.
- Creating strategic people plans and supporting communication plans.
- Designing a new approach to performance management including a framework and annual perfomance cycle, template documents, managers' guidance and training, and staff briefing.
- Facilitation of strategic and operational review meetings with senior teams, and action planning.
- Supporting students' unions in establishing effective performance management processes for Chief Executives.
- Designing, in consultation with staff, a bespoke job evaluation framework with associated grading and pay structures.
- Consulting with staff and students to design a new equality and diversity strategy, policy and plan.
- Designing a values-based behaviour framework to support a programme of organisational change.
- Designing and implementing an employee recognition scheme to reward visible role modelling of organisational values and promote high performance.
- Staff consultation on a range of issues with associated recommendations to senior management.
- Designing a project plan to support a change to staff terms and consitions.
- Planning and supporting restructuring and redundancy situations.
- Delivering HR and diversity training.
The day rate for consultancy is £600 plus VAT and reasonable travel expenses.
How we work
We work in partnership with students' unions to help you get to where you want to be. We understand the values, context and ethos of students' unions, and we're constantly mindful that we're here to help students' unions to achieve their main priority of supporting students.
We always start out by listening to you and having a good conversation, so we can fully understand the situation and your required outcome. We will then prepare for your review a fully- costed proposal outlining the steps we believe are needed and the timescales. The proposal also contains our 'terms of business' should you decide to go ahead.
Claire Marsland is the HR Consultant. Claire is a chartered member of the CIPD, is Level A and B qualified wth the British Psychologcal Society and has a range of experience and expertise in strategic HR and organisational development.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.