We provide strategic HR consultancy in a range of areas. The scale ranges from as little as half a day to projects which run for months. Some of the ways we've supported student's unions include:
- Reviewing and updating HR policies and employee handbooks.
- Designing and delivering action plans to attain external benchmarks such as Investors in People and Leaders in Diversity.
- Creating strategic people plans and supporting communication plans.
- Delivering a new performance management scheme including a framework and annual performance cycle, template documents, managers' guidance and training, and staff briefing.
- Facilitation of strategic and operational review meetings with senior teams, and action planning.
- Supporting students' unions in establishing effective performance management processes for Chief Executives.
- Designing, in consultation with staff, a bespoke job evaluation framework with associated grading and pay structures.
- Group facilitation.
- Consulting with staff and students to design a new equality and diversity strategy, policy and plan.
- Designing a values-based behaviour framework to support a programme of organisational change.
- Designing and implementing an employee recognition scheme to reward visible role modelling of organisational values and promote high performance.
- Staff consultation on a range of (sometimes sensitive) issues with associated recommendations to senior management.
- Designing a project plan to support a change to staff terms and consitions.
- Planning and supporting restructuring and redundancy situations.
- Delivering HR and diversity training.
Our standard consultancy day rate is £600 + VAT and reasonable travel
How we work
We work in partnership with you to help you get to where you want to be. We understand the values, context and ethos of students' unions, and we're always mindful that we're here to help you to achieve your main priority of supporting students.
We start out by listening, so we can fully understand the situation and your required outcome. We will then prepare costed proposal for the project outlining the steps we believe are needed and the timescales. The proposal also contains our 'terms of business' should you decide to go ahead.
If the support will be provided by one of our associates - DAC Beachcroft or Hillstreet Partnership - we will direct you to them. Please go to the pages on employment law and reward/job evaluation for details.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.