NOW OPEN: The Big SU Survey: People and HR
For the first time, we are inviting you to contribute to an annual set of people, talent and HR benchmarks and best practice indicators in the SU sector.
To take part, follow this link to the online survey.
This will be the first time that we have collected people management data for the sector in one place, in this way. However, the content of this survey contains exactly the type of questions that you regularly ask about. We hope that the results will help you when formulating and benchmarking your own people management strategies, policies and practices against sector norms and good practice.
We will use your answers to create a valuable set of up to date benchmarks for Students' Unions across the following themes:
- General workforce measures
- Employment policies and benefits
- Reward policy and Pay levels (by job type)
- Recruitment and Selection
- Service and Turnover
- Learning and Development
- Employee Voice and Relations
- Future Challenges and priorities
The strands of Employee Wellbeing and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) will run across the above themes.
Here's the list of 2021 questions: https://www.nusconnect.org.uk/resources/the-big-su-survey-people-and-hr-questions-2021
After the closing date, we will produce a main report on the key findings, which participants will get early access to in Spring 2021. For those Students’ Unions that contribute to the reward and pay levels sections, we will also produce a separate report on sector pay levels in Summer 2021. There will also be further opportunities to delve into the survey themes and analyse your own practices against the sector throughout 2021/22.
This part of the Big SU Survey is open until Tuesday 20th April at 9am.
Queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Furlough, top-up and annual leave arrangements in Students’ Unions
This report has been produced following a request by a member Students' Union to gather some benchmark information on SU practices around furlough pay and annual leave arrangements during the ongoing period of restrictions, to help inform their future planning.
The report reflects the summary findings from 30 responses received between the 10-22 February 2021.
Click here to download the report
Report Created: 22nd February 2021
Introducing the Agenda People Count 2021 Benchmarking Study
If you are also keen to benchmark your students' union against people and HR practices outside of the Students' Union sector, you can now get discounted access to Agenda Consulting’s annual survey.
People Count is the annual study for the not-for-profit sector run by Agenda Consulting, our employee engagement partners. The study enables you to compare your key HR metrics with not-for-profit benchmark data and make solid evidence-based strategic decisions.
NUS members get a discounted fixed rate for taking part in the study - only £250.00 (+VAT) for Students Unions (usual price is £810 plus VAT). Sign up before the 31 May 2021 to receive the discounted price.
Why take part in 2021?
- The ‘COVID Edition’. This year’s study will measure the period April 2020 – March 2021, the year that changed the way we work, and the sector felt the impact of the pandemic.
- Diversity. People Count enables you to measure and benchmark your diversity statistics, to support your wider diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Remote working. Given the way the world has changed in the past year and with it the way we work, we will be discussing with the steering group how we can incorporate remote/flexible working into this year’s measures.
- Absence management. The question has been raised around whether working from home has impacted the way we take leave. Measure the impact of the pandemic on absence in your organisation.
Find out everything you need to know here: https://www.agendaconsulting.co.uk/product/people-count/
Get in touch with Agenda at email@example.com to sign up and claim this discounted price.