How we came to be
The HR Support Unit was established in 2013, as part of NUS Charitable Services, to enhance strategic HR practices and collaboration across the student movement. This was in response to research with SUs about their HR provision which showed that many don't adopt a strategic approach to human resource management, and even those with well-developed HR functions could be more effective through greater collaboration and partnership working.
What we offer
We provide a range of services, including this HR Resources Hub, to help students’ unions with:
- Guides, factsheets and resources on HR-related topics and isues
- Strategic HR consultancy
- The annual employee and volunteer engagement surveys for students' unions
- U-Learn - the National students’ union Learning Management system
- The national competency framework for students' unions
- Support for networking and shared learning across the HR community
Who we are
Claire Marsland is the HR Consultant. Claire is a chartered member of the CIPD, is Level A and B qualified wth the British Psychologcal Society, and has a range of experience and expertise in strategic HR and organisational development.
We also have two associate organisations who bring expertise in specialist areas:
- DAC Beachcroft law firm for all employment-related legal guidance and support
- Hillstreet Partnership for reward strategy, job evaluation and pay benchmarking.
Please contact Claire.Marsland@nus.org.uk for further information and support.