The aim of this course is to train students’ union staff members and officers to create impactful training tailored to the needs of their audience.
This is a two day interactive training course where you will get the opportunity to practice running a short training session, try out different learning methods and discuss ways you can improve your training practice.
As a result of the training you will be able to:
- Apply learning theory to improve training design
- Select a range of training activities to enhance engagement in learning
- Implement evaluation processes to develop your training in future
- Create solutions to deal with challenges that occur during training
Who should attend:
- Internal trainers
- Democracy and representation coordinators
- Activities coordinators
- HR coordinators
- External trainers
18 - 19 January 2018, University of Birmingham Guild of Students
30 - 31 May 2018, NUS London
14 - 15 August 2018, NUS Macclesfield
23 - 24 October 2018, NUS London
Registration for all of these dates will close 2 weeks before the start date on the respective Monday.
£198 + VAT
Impact of training for individuals and organisations will be:
- Increased effectiveness of training
- Improved engagement from delegates
- More efficient and sustainable delivery of training
- Increased knowledge and skills in training design and delivery
- Increased confidence in training design and delivery
As part of the training you will learn how to:
- Explain the stages of the training life cycle
- List a variety of learning theories relevant to training
- Describe the benefits and drawbacks of different training activities and methods
- List methods to evaluate the effectiveness of your training
- Identify different facilitation techniques and how to deal with challenges
- List ways to introduce technology to aid your training
This course is all about students’ unions being diverse, inclusive and equitable organisations, supporting them to attract and retain outstanding people.
What people say about this course:
'The course exceeded my expectations!'
'The course was really interesting!'
'I would recommend the NUS Train the Trainer Course!'
'I feel like I learnt a lot because I consistently had to put what we had just talked about into practice - in a really fun way!'
'The trainer was ace and the atmosphere was really good!'
'I really enjoyed the course and found it extremely useful - thank you!'
If you have any queries or problems please email email@example.com