Wednesday 11-04-2018 - 09:58
NUS 100 commits our movement to setting the bar for the way business should be done.
Setting the bar for how business should be done compels us to look at how our movement can be more innovative, ethical, and use services to fulfil broader social aims. We invite CEOs, Presidents, Commercial Managers, and those working in Union Development to NUS Convention on 9-10 May at Leeds University Union. Visit the hub for all the details.
NUS Convention is also an opportunity to learn more about NUS Services and the NUS Charity (who are linked both by their role in capacity building and the inter-reliance they have), gain a deeper understanding of how the money created through NUS Services funds the Charity, and how in turn, this work supports students’ unions.
If you haven’t already registered to attend; here’s some really good reasons to do so…
- This is a unique opportunity to come together and explore how students’ unions can set the bar for the way business should be done.
- Workshops that work for you - A vast range of useful workshops that cover everything from ethical trading to new NUS extra, giving you relevant and practical information that will help you deliver success for your students' union. More details about the workshops can be found here.
- Learn more in the context of the Company Plan about NUS Services and the NUS Charity and gain a deeper understanding of how the money co-created through NUS Services funds the Charity.
- Find out what elected and volunteer opportunities are available on our Board and Advisory groups that you could get involved in to help us run our NUS Charity and Services and represent the views of our member unions.
- For the first time, NUS Convention will also host the Best Bar None awards dinner, recognising the efforts our students' unions go to to promote responsible management and operation of alcohol licensed premises
This event also includes our Cooperative Enterprise Units and Participants Meeting so a jam-packed agenda of really useful content for you to take away and use constructively in your students’ union. You can find out more about the role of the Cooperative Enterprise Units and Participants Meeting here
When? 9 - 10 May (you'll be home in time for the Eurovision semi-final!)
Where? Leeds University Union
Visit our events page for further registration details.