Wednesday 29-03-2017 - 10:42
NUS Sections Conference, the policy-making body for International Students, Postgraduate Students, Mature and Part-time Students, and Student Parents and Carers, is taking place in Leeds on 13-14 May.
Sections Conference sets policy and elects your representatives for the year ahead, and is made up of:
- International Students Conference
- Postgraduate Students Conference
- Mature and Part-time Students Conference
- Parents and Carers Conference
Who can attend?
There is no delegate entitlement for Sections Conference but voting is done on a One Union, One Vote basis and only students that are defined as part of the section may take part.
Why should you come along?
Policy for International Students Section, Postgraduate Students Section and Mature and Part-time Students Section is decided at sections conference.
Each individual can submit three motions to each section conference.
Read the Live Policy for the Mature and Part-Time Section, Postgraduate Students Section and International Students Section for some ideas. The Motions Deadline is 14 April at 12noon.
Stand for Election
The elected International Students Committee act as representatives of international students, and there is a full-time position for International Students Officer. The nominations deadline for this role is 14 April.
There are also a number of voluntary roles avalable that will be elected at conference:
- Mature student place on the National Executive Council
- Part-Time student place on the National Executive Council
- Taught Postgraduate student place on the National Executive Council
- Research Postgraduate student place on the National Executive Council
- International Students place on the National Executive Council. In the event that the Officer is an EU student the additional National Executive Council member must be non-EU and vice-versa.
- Student Parent and Carers Representative on the National Executive Council
- Four International Students Committee Open places
NUS International Students Awards
Each year dedicated students, officers and unions go the extra mile to improve the lives of International Students. The NUS International Students' Awards is a chance to reward this hard work and recognise best practice from across the student movement.
For more information, see here or contact email@example.com