Monday 24-10-2016 - 11:30
Essential timings to help with mobilising for the national demonstration in four weeks' time.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 12 noon: March assembles at Park Lane. If you are arriving via public transport please approach from the North end – nearest tube stations are Marble Arch and Bond Street. Coaches should drop off from West side of Park Lane)
- 1pm: March starts off from Park Lane. 2.4 mile route through central London to rally point at Millbank, Westminster. See march route here
- 2.45pm: Rally begins. Speakers include Malia Bouattia, President NUS; Sally Hunt, General Secretary, UCU; Shakira Martin, Vice President Further Education, NUS; Sorana Vieru, Vice President Higher Education, NUS; Rob Goodfellow, President, UCU; Angela Rayner MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Education; George the Poet. Other speakers also tbc.
- 3.45pm: Rally ends, marchers disperse
- 4:30pm: Coaches pick up from Albert Embankment, Victoria Embankment or Tothill Street. Please contact email@example.com in advance to arrange which of these points your delegation should be collected from.