On the 7th of November, the NUS Wales‘ Women’s Campaign will be holding 2 events - Sister Activist Day and Reclaim the Night Rally.
The Sister Activist Day will be a training, campaigning and best practice event focused on the issues and concerns of womens’ rights.
This day is targeted at women students/ women's officers and women sabbatical officers, you will:
• Find out more about the NUS Women’s Campaign
• Find out ways you can develop feminist networks locally
• Learn lots of new campaigning skills and techniques
• Hear from different feminist organisations and find out about their techniques
• Learn new skills to help you diversify your activist base
• Discover how to organise effective demonstrations and marches
• Meet and network with other feminist women students in your area
• Share ideas and best practice on having an active women’s campaign
We have some brilliant guest speakers including Object, TUC Wales and the Henna Foundation.
Who should attend?
Women's officers and self defining women activists
When and Where?
Date: Monday 7th November 2011
Time:10am - 5.30pm
Location: Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, Cardiff
Women in Higher Education £20 + VAT
Women in Further Education £10 + VAT
This is inclusive of lunch and some refreshments, which will be provided on the day. Talk to your Students’ Union about covering the cost.
After the day of training we will be holding a national Reclaim the Night march thought the streets of Cardiff between 6pm-7.30pm (Self defining women only), ending with a rally at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama again with some great speakers, from 7.30pm onwards which will be open to all.
(Click Actions > Download)
This really is set to be a brilliant day and there will also be a replica day in Bangor in December for any unions that will find that easier to travel to.
Please register now, you can take as many students as possible and it would be great to see as many women as possible.
FB event page