The NUS Services Direction and Oversight Boards (DOBs) are there to support the decision making of the NUS Services Board in matters of NUS extra, Trading Support (Purchasing), and UnionCloud within the students’ unions.
They also facilitate the meetings of the Cooperative Enterprise Units in encouraging a wide representation, the generation of new ideas, and to consider new initiatives that come from the Cooperative Enterprise Units in each area of activity.
SU Staff volunteer opportunities
We have exciting opportunities available for SU staff to join the NUS Services Board and Direction and Oversight Boards, and the NUS SU Charitable Services Board and Advisory Groups.
About these roles
Join the rest of the Board or Committee in quarterly meetings using your creativity and experience to discuss proposals and ideas. Provide scrutiny on the work of NUS and oversight of the organisation and of its plans.
- Reading papers and preparing your response for the meetings.
- Attending meetings for approximately 3 hours at a time weekdays.
- Supporting the Chair with issues and sharing your expertise.
- Possibly acting as Deputy Chair.
- Providing your support and expertise for other projects and committees/DOBs/Groups
Equality and Diversity
Equality and the celebration of diversity is a core value of NUS and we hope to appoint a Board that reflects this. We will be looking for this diversity in terms of skills and experience as well diversity of social, cultural and geographical backgrounds. As such we particularly welcome applications from those traditionally under-represented on trustee boards, such as women, black and minority ethnic men and women, lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, trans people and those who are disabled.
Please complete the Equality and Diversity form with your CV.
What we offer
- The chance to work with a variety of different people from different walks of life and make a real difference to students lives.
- Comprehensive free induction and ongoing training.
- A great opportunity to develop your existing skills and to gain new ones.
- Meet like-minded people and work in a team.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
Who can apply
- For the staff positions you must be a staff member in an affiliated students' union. Your Union must also participate in the area of business of the Direction and Oversight that you're applying for.
- The role profile outlines any specific requirements but in summary:
- NUS Services Direction and Oversight Board members are senior staff that work within that commercial activity and the union is part of the CEU for that area of activity.
- Advisory Group members are staff whose work is relevant to that group.
How to apply
If you would like any further information regarding this then please contact the governance team: email@example.com