The Environmental Sustainability Advisory Group will act as a high-level think-tank on sustainability and social responsibility for NUS. It reports to the NUS Charitable Services Board.
Nominations for the Boards and Groups are now open! You can submit your nomination here.
This committee will advise the NUS Charitable Services Board on new thinking on environmental sustainability work in the student movement. It will also oversee strategic relationships with partner organisations such as HEFCE, HEFCW, HEA.
Sustainability - Helping ensure impact and sustainability, we’re supporting students in taking action on sustainability across campuses, curriculums and communities. In tackling today’s environmental, economic and social problems.
- Promote an inspiring and appropriate long-term vision for our sustainability work that will steer NUS and the wider students’ union movement;
- have a challenging and effective strategy to deliver the vision;
- identify, and react to, strategic barriers and opportunities in the short, medium and long-term;
- react to policy;
- identify, and develop, influential and effective strategic partnerships;
- ensure that our current, and planned, sustainability programmes, projects and engagements are effective methods of delivering the vision.
This committee is made up of:
- 3 Student Union Staff
- 2 Active Student Volunteers
- 3 SU Student Officers
- 1 NUS Charity Trustee
- 4 Lay Trustees
You can see who they are for the current year here and you can find out how to get involved on the Get Involved pages.
Elections for the officer positions available on this advisory group are now open, find out more and submit your nomination form here!
Volunteer opportunities for SU staff can be found here.
What happens at meetings?
The committee receives updates on the work of the Green team and scrutinises this work to ensure it will achieve its plans and stay in line with the mission, vision and values.
Meeting dates for 2016/17
Monday 8th August - Induction day
Monday 5th September 2016 - Meeting 1
Monday 28th November 2016 2016 - Meeting 2
Monday 13th February 2017 - Meeting 3
Monday 5th June 2017 - Meeting 4