National Union of Students welcomes your participation at our annual LGBT+ Students Conference taking place 8-9 March 2017.
NUS LGBT+ Students' Conference is the sovereign policy-making body of the LGBT+ Students' Campaign which is a politically autonomous part of NUS UK.
This Conference brings together delegates from students' unions affiliated to NUS UK to discuss, debate and vote on motions and elect the political leadership for the year ahead.
LGBT+ Students Conference Rules
Each Students Union is entitled to a number of delegates with full voting and speaking rights. Delegates shall be selected by each Constituent Member by an election where only Members of the Campaign at that Constituent Member may vote.
How to work out your delegate entitlement -
Basic Delegate Entitlement of every union:
- One Open Place member (open to any LGBT+ student)
- One Trans Place member (open to any student who defines as trans)
- One Black Place member (open to any LGBT+ student of African, Arab, Asian, Caribbean heritage and those who self-define as Black)
- One Women’s Place member (open to any LBT+ student who defines as a woman, including (if they wish) those with gender identities which include 'woman', and those who experience oppression as women)
- One Disabled Place member (open to any LGBT+ disabled student)
Half of the basic delegate entitlement of a Union shall be delegate places reserved for Individual Members who self-define as Women, including (if they wish) those with complex gender identities which include 'woman', and those who experience oppression as women. This is rounded down, for example a delegation of 5 would need 2 women.
Additional Delegate Entitlement:
Each Union has additional delegates based on its student Full Time Equivalent (FTE). Each part time student at an Institution counts as 0.6 of a full time student.
- Unions with under 10,000 FTE no additional delegates
- Unions with 10,000-14,999 FTE 1 additional open place
- Unions with 15,000 - 19,999 FTE 1 additional open place and 1 additional women’s place
- Unions with 20,000 - 24,999 FTE 2 additional open places and 1 additional women’s place
- Unions with over 25,000 FTE 2 additional open places and 2 additional women’s places
Please note that no Constituent Member shall have a delegation larger than 8. If this calculation causes the entitlement to exceed 8, places shall be forfeited from the allocation of Open Places.
Delegate Entitlement Guide
Observers are not limited in number or type but allowed on a first-come first served basis due to Conference capacity. Observers can speak but not vote.
Delegate places will cost an amount to be announced once a venue has been set.
If you reqire Additional Information about this conference please contact email@example.com