Every week NUS’ Vice President Further Education, explains a key issue going on in FE for Students’ Union Officers and Student Governors. If you want to know more, or just have a suggestion for Joe to note in future editions, you can email Joe here.
1 - GCSE Reforms
2 - International Students
3 - FE Zone conference 2013
4 - Learner Satisfaction Survey
5 - Raising the participation age
6 - Apprentice IAG Research
From 2011 to 2013 VP FE Toni Pearce released a series of notes on the big issues within further education. You can download these from the list below.
Special - Adult Learners' Week 5
Special - Adult Learners' Week 4
Special - Adult Learners' Week 3
Special - Adult Learners' Week 2
Special - Adult Learners' Week 1
34. Free lunches for college students (No Free Lunch)
33. EBaccs and Tech Baccs
32. Learner Satisfaction Survey
31. Community Learning
30. Regionalisation in Scotland
29. FE Guild
28. A-Level Reform - UPDATE
27. FE Fees (Apprenticeships)
26. Learner View
25. Richard Review of Apprenticeships
24. Hidden Course Costs
23. A Level Reform
Special - Looking to next year
Special - Hidden Course Costs
Special - Adult Learners' Week
22. Career learning IAG
21. Complex Needs Complex Choices- IAG
19. Stop and Search
18. College Governance
16. FE Loans
15. Review of Learner Involvement Strategy
14. NSS in FE
13. UCAS Points Tarrif Consultation
12. Complaints Adjudication
11. Institute for Learning review of CPD
Special - Changes to the OFSTED Inspection Regime
10. LSS Results Publication
9. Functional Skills
8. Participation in education and training
7. Young Peoples Education and Labour Market Choices
6. The Pound in your Pocket
5. Rising NEETS and the Youth Contract
4. 14-19 Study Programmes
2. Learner Satisfaction Survey
1. Care to Learn
Read Shane Explains
Login to register for updates.
Visit My Blog
Hi, I'm Joe Vinson, Vice President (Further Education).
Welcome to the Further Education zone of NUS Connect where, come rain or shine, you'll find campaign information, news and ideas to take up in your students' union. Campaign materials and information for students are available at www.nus.org.uk.
If you have any comments or ideas on how we can improve this section, then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, please check out my blog for photos and my thoughts on the varying campaigns we're running.
Staff contact: Gemma Painter, Head of FE.