Wednesday 11-02-2015 - 15:40
This year, addressing women’s underrepresentation in our institutions has been a key priority for the NUS Scotland Women’s Campaign.
NUS Scotland Women's campaign have pushed for women to be adequately represented on the boards of our institutions and backed the Women 50:50 campaign calling for quotas in local and national elections, we’ve also developed a women in leadership pack for you to use at your students’ association to encourage women to stand for election.
With NUS Scotland’s elections just around the corner we want to make sure that we’re encouraging women to stand in our elections for positions on the Scottish Executive Committee and for our liberation committees as well. View the full list of positions available below.
We’ve set up three women in leadership training sessions on Monday 23 February in Edinburgh and Glasgow, open to women who are thinking about standing in NUS Scotland’s elections.
• Glasgow, 10-12, Glasgow Caledonian University Students’ Association
• Edinburgh, 11-1, NUS Scotland office *note change of time*
To register please contact Charlotte Lawley, Development Manager on email@example.com. In your email please state if you have any access requirements we should be aware of for the training so that reasonable adjustments can be made.
Elections at NUS Scotland Conference
Scottish Executive Committee
- Vice President (Education)
- Vice President (Communities)
- Executive representatives (eight in two blocks of four, one block reserved for women, two positions in each block reserved for college)
- Asylum and Refugee Officer
Four students are also elected to the Scottish Procedures Committee at NUS Scotland Conference.
Elections at NUS Scotland liberation conferences
- Women's Officer
- Open place
- FE place
- Liberation (self-defining LGBT, Disabled or Black student) place
- Caring responsibilities place
- LGBT Officer
- 3 Open (one reserved for FE)Woman’s placeBi-sexual placeTrans place
Black students' committee
- Black Students' Officer
- 4 committee positions
Disabled students' committee
- Disabled Students' Officer
- 4 committee positions
Each liberation committee also has 2 steering committee positions that are elected at each respective liberation conference.
Elections at student sections conference
- International Students’ Officer
- Mature and Part-time Students’ Officer
- Postgraduate Students’ Officer