Wednesday 21-01-2015 - 14:47
Changing education is the first step to changing society. That’s why the first ever Student Sustainability Summit puts you at the heart of solutions to our social, economic and environmental challenges.
Leaders have spent decades failing to agree, missing targets, and pushing back deadlines on sustainability. We need new leaders to shape a new global society. It’s time for us to lead instead.
At Leeds University Union on 23 March, we're partnering with the EAUC, and People & Planet to bring together hundreds of students from across the country. Register now for just £25 and be part of a movement working towards a fairer and more equitable global community.
Over a day of discussions, workshops and inspirational talks, you will:
- Learn more about the crucial sustainability issues that urgently need leadership
- Gain practical skills to make change happen
- Meet other students leading and innovating across the country
The UK student movement has done incredible work on sustainability over the last ten years. But we can do so much more, and it’s never been so important to take action.
This isn’t just about creating new leaders today. It’s about ensuring that all students leave their time in university or college as socially responsible global citizens, year after year after year.
Working with a range of leading sustainability experts and campaigners, we’ll consider new ways of thinking about issues like:
- Overconsumption and resource stewardship
- Global citizenship, population and women’s rights
- Curriculum reform and institutional change
- Challenging the power of the fossil fuel industry through a global divestment movement.
Join us at the Student Sustainability Summit and become part of a new wave of leadership, take action for social justice, and make the student voice on sustainability too powerful to ignore.
Stay updated on our movement's sustainability work by signing up to our sustainability Jisc or get in touch for more information.