Wednesday 07-01-2015 - 14:16
We are delighted to inform you of our upcoming Students’ Union Local events. These specially designed one-day events have been created to meet the needs of officers and staff in students’ unions.
As well as updating you on a number of different areas of NUS’ own work, these events will provide you with the perfect opportunity to catch up with your colleagues in the movement, share best practice, and make valuable new contacts.
We have produced a wide-ranging agenda to ensure there’s something for everyone, and we’ll have specific sessions for you to attend on:
- Campaigning skills for the General Election
- Learner Voice
- Strategy for Access and Student Sucess (SASS)
- Measuring transformational learning
- Student rights
- Overcoming barriers to participation in student opportunities
- Campus, cohesion, faith and belief
- Solving problems and developing policy for student opportunities
- Race Matters (report produced by NUS)
- Lad Culture in FE
- International student opportunities and challenges
- A new metric for social impact: how to shine a light on the undervalued side of your SU
- NUS Elections support 2015: Being a Deputy Returning Officer
- Trading Forum
- NUS Media Outdoors
These workshops are resented in five streams to make sure you can get the most out of your day. In addition to workshops there is a 90 minute slot after lunch where students' unions will have the opportunity to showcase the great work that they have been doing. Over the lunchtime period we will also be facilitating a networking lunch.
Dates and locations
- Midlands (Nottingham Trent Students' Union) - 20 January 2015
- Newcastle (Newcastle Students' Union) - 21 January 2015
- Scotland (Edinburgh University Students' Association) - 22 January 2015
- Cardiff (Cardiff University Students' Union) - 26 January 2015
- Liverpool (Liverpool Guild of Students) - 27 January 2015
- London (Middlesex University Students' Union) - 29 January 2015
Please note that all the events will contain the same content so feel free to attend whichever event is the most convenient for your union.
The cost of each event is just £20 per delegate so don’t delay, book today!