Friday 29-04-2016 - 12:59
Delegates gathered once again for day two of the NUS-USI conference where NUS CEO, Simon Blake provided an overview of Project100 progress.
Delegates were asked for their input to help form the new strategic framework that will provide a clear vision of what the student movement will look like in 2022.
Steering committee and student trustee position hustings were next on the agenda and motions and policy lapses were concluded. Nory Kaplan-Kelly won both the best speech and best new delegate awards.
After two days of debating, deliberating and digesting, delegates voted for their preferred candidates and we are pleased to announce the following results:
- President - Fergal McFerran
- Deputy President - Ryan Kelly was elected following a coin toss!
- Disabled Students Officer - Stephen McCrystall from QUBSU
- FE Officer - Olivia Potter Hughes from Belfast Met SU
- NUS NEC Second Position election - Colum Mackey from UUSU
- Student Trustee - Colum Mackey from UUSU and Danielle Roberts from UUSU
- FE Campaign Committee - Kevin Maguire from SRCSU, Louise Meek from Belfast Met SU, Caolan Clifford from Belfast Met SU, Thomas Gibson from NWRCSU
- Steering Committee - Hannah Niblock from QUBSU
Congratulations to all the re-elected and newly elected candidates, and thanks to everyone who stood in these elections.