Wednesday 05-07-2017 - 22:28
This year we received over 144 nominations from students’ unions across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales for our annual NUS Awards. Our judges clearly had their work cut out for them and we can now announce this year’s lucky recipients! Drum roll, please…
Students’ union officers and staff from across the UK came together at the NEC in Birmingham tonight (Wednesday 5 July) to toast to excellence within the student movement at the NUS Awards 2017.
The Awards are an annual celebration of the extraordinary work which students’ unions undertake each day and are an opportunity to applaud the unsung heroes from the movement whilst reflecting on the standout stories and achievements of the past year.
The judging panel had their work cut out when deciding the final 24 Awards recipients, who were announced at tonight’s gala awards ceremony in Birmingham.
The NUS Awards were judged by an experienced panel from across the education sector and beyond. As the quality of nominations continues to rise year-on-year, so does the expectations placed on our judges choose a winner.
We’d like to thank everyone who took the time to tell us about the amazing year your union has had and to all our judges involved.
NUS Awards 2017
- Roehampton Students’ Union
- Kings College London Students’ Union
- Bristol Students’ Union
- Lancaster & Morecambe College Students’ Union
- UEA Students’ Union
- Wrexham Glydwr Students’ Union
- University of Wales, Trinity St. David’s Students’ Union
- Bournemouth and Poole College Students’ Union
- Queen Mary Students' Union
- Manchester Metropolitan University Students' Union
- Kingston College Students' Union
- South Devon College Students' Union
- Ulster University Students' Union
- Falmouth and Exeter Students' Union
- City of Glasgow College Students’ Association
- Dudley College Students' Union
- Huddersfield Students' Union
- University of Portsmouth Students' Union
- Bournemouth and Poole College Students' Union
- Lancaster & Morecambe College Students' Union
Simpson/King Staff Award
- Leeds City College Students' Union (FE)
- Coleg Sir Gar Students’ Union (FE)
- Leeds Trinity Students’ Union (HE)
- Middlesex Students' Union (HE)
Employee Engagement Awards
Highest Employee Engagement Winner 2016
- York St. John Students’ Union
Most Improved Employee Engagement Winner 2016
- University of Bristol Students’ Union
For more information about the NUS Awards, please visit nusawards.unioncloud.org.