Tuesday 06-01-2015 - 11:59
Thursday 5 February is National Voter Registration Day and NUS is giving away £10,000 to students’ unions to run activities to get students registered to vote ahead of the general election.
Your union can apply for £500, with £10,000 up for grabs for up to 20 winning unions. The competition opened on Tuesday 6 January and closes on Wednesday 21 January at 9am.
National Voter Registration Day (#NVRD) is an initiative of our partner organisation Bite the Ballot and part of a UK-wide week of national action (2-8 February) to inspire young people to register to vote.
This is a pretty simple competition. Send us your best ideas on how your union could use £500 to get students registered to vote and we’ll award those with the best suggestions of how to get students engaged in politics and on the register.
Complete this short application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
What are we looking for?
All successful bids must do the following;
- Focus on promoting voter registration amongst students of your institution
- Register students to vote
- Get students thinking about politics, citizenship and the election
- Promote good use of the #GenerationVote and #NVRD brand
We particularly welcome innovation voter registration in relation to;
- Student swing seats and areas of high student populations
- Any particular New Deal asks
- Partnerships between students’ unions in the same constituencies
- Use of NUS’ General Election hub for students
- Getting students to consider politics more widely
- Working with student societies or other student groups
- Working with local community groups
You can find #GenerationVote guidance and materials to get you started here, including downloadable activity suggestions and promotional materials.
All unions can have a free pack of materials, including stickers, posters, GV foam hand and other things to get going. If you have not received yours yet please contact email@example.com.
- All winning unions must write an article for nusconnect.org.uk
- All winning unions must take photos and any ways of recording their activities (e.g. vlogs) to be used for promotional purposes
- You cannot apply for any more or any less than £500
- Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstance
- Payment to winners will be made within one month of the announcement date, providing invoicing details are provided asap by winners
- Competition opened on Tuesday 6 January
- Closes at 9am on Wednesday 21 January
- Winners will be announced on Thursday 22 January, giving you two weeks to prepare for the big day
Complete this short application form here and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Help make #GenerationVote a force to be reckoned with at the ballot box by taking part!
This competition is now closed. Please click here for a list of winners.