Wednesday 15-03-2017 - 16:04
The period of nominations for the position of NUS Vice President (Union Development) has closed and we can now announce the candidates standing for election.
The candidates for the position of Vice President (Union Development) are as follows:
I ran to be an officer in my students union because of the frustrations I felt of not having my voice heard, of having people tell me what I think and what I believe without consulting and communicating with me. I have gone through, and feel the frustrations Officers up and down the country feel. I want to make NUS more representative of its membership, truly taking on concerns and making the difference to student Lives. Students unions’ change lives and I want NUS to be at the focal point of engaging with our membership. #1 #VoteAleem
- Gemma Jackson, Bradford College
- Subira Ismail, University of Bradford
- Aa'Ishah Taj, Leeds Trinity University
- Attiya Rajasab, University of Huddersfield
- Ehsaan Mohammed, Wolverhampton University
- Rohan Mahmood, University of Leeds
- Hasaan Mahmood, Staffordshire University
- Ahmed Qazi, University of Nottingham
- Nazar Hayat, University of Sheffield
- Hassan Razaq, University of Leicester
Gets Stuff Done, Makes Things Happen
Being at the University of West London I have seen first-hand the challenges that some of our SU’s are facing. Too much of our benefit goes on too few of our members, whilst the majority are left with none. I have seen the impact SU’s have on students and the opportunities that leave lasting legacies on their lives. It’s time to give NUS back to SU’s and start to fight for things that really matter to students and officers on campuses across the UK. It’s time to get stuff done and make things happen. #GrangeforChange
- Ahmed Hassan, Aston University
- Adam Cave, Coleg Gwent
- Whitney Brown, Coleg y Cymoedd SU
- Abu Hamade, College NW London
- Dan Punch, University of Sunderland
- Gwyn Sweatman, Trinity St David Students' Union
- Kira Cox, Liverpool Hope
- Alexandria Walkley, Leeds College
- Rosie McKenna, Edge Hill University
- Natalie Jordan, Keele University
An NUS Together
I believe in Students’ Unions and the power of students as a collective. It is why I volunteered for my SU as a student, why I ran for President and why I am standing to be your Vice President Union Development.
But I think our movement can do better than this fractured divide. I think our movement can come back together. Work on the issues that matter and win again for students.
I believe that if we take steps towards each other and strengthen our democracy, our best days are still ahead of us.
- Hareem Ghani, NEC
- Jamie Jordon, UWE
- Michael Darlow, Union of Brunel Students
- Tara Mariwany, Goldsmith’s Students Union
- Francesca Flores, SOAS
- Laura Ho, University of Bristol
- Aliya Hule, Oxford University
- Sulaiman Lkaderi, Middlesex Students Union
- Krum Tashev, Canterbury Christchurch University
- Robiu Salisu, Swansea University
Re-open nominations (RON)
The position of Vice President (Union Development) will be elected by delegates during the second day of NUS National Conference, which takes place at The Brighton Centre from Tuesday 25 to Thursday 27 April 2017.
Want to find out which other positions are being contested during National Conference? A full list of candidates and manifestos is available at conference.nusconnect.org.uk/elections/candidates.