Monday 12-10-2015 - 09:59
If you yourself are a self-defining woman, LGBT+, Black and/or disabled student, or you know students that are who’d be keen to develop their campaigning skills, register now for NUS’ Liberation Activist Programme.
The programme will provide training and networking opportunities for students and staff who are involved in campaigning and representation of Liberation students in students' unions. Including:
- Learn how to campaign
- Practice and develop your public speaking skills
- Discover the science behind writing and passing motions to make your union do more for liberation
- Get advice from experts on how to run effective clubs and societies for your liberation students
- Share ideas, have questions answered, and be creative
- Network with other activists and build solidarity and friends across Liberation
The day events will be taking place in the north and south:
Tuesday 20 October 2015, 9.30am – 5.30pm
The People’s Museum, Manchester
Thursday 22 October 2015, 9.30am – 5.30pm
NUS London Office
You can find out more about the event on the registration page.
Registration closes on Tuesday 13 October and spaces are extremely limited so please register ASAP.