Friday 21-04-2017 - 12:30
Nominations have now closed for International Students' Officer 2017-18. The election will take place at Sections Conference from 13th-14th May 2017
The deadline to challenge nominations is 10th May at Midday. Challenges should be sent to email@example.com.
International Students' Officer
The International Students' Officer is the lead representative of International students in the UK and lead the work of the NUS International Students' campaign. They are responsible for acting on policy mandated at International Students Conference and chair the International Students Committee, who are elected volunteers.
There is one position available.
University of East London Students Union
Back to Basics
My name is Roosevelt Avi. I am the present VP, Community Development at University of East London StudentsUnion. I have a Master’s and Bachelor's Degrees in Software Engineering. I'm running for this position because I want to focus on the basic problems international students have. Elect me to:
1. Provide support for students to fight culture shock and improve Living and learning Conditions
2. Fight Hate crime and Xenophobia by developing Hate crime reporting toolkit
3. Visibility & Presence of the Full Time Officers by Visiting Campuses and having regional meetings
4. Work on Post-study visa and present working conditions
- Rochelle Felix, University of East London Students Union
- Aphrodita Darmadi, University of Bradford Students Union
- Charles Osiminibeke, Robert Gordon University Students Union
- Tina Geiser, Oxford Brookes University Students Union
- Samalia Gabriel, Cranfield University
- S O Akpotozor, Queen Mary University
- Firhaana Bulbulia, University College London SU
- Alex Avadanei, Newham College London
- AB Rajasab, University of Huddersfield
- Mahmood Hasan, Staffordshire University SU
I'm Ceewhy and I am running to be your International Students Officer.
My experience includes:
-President and Chair of Trustee Board at Salford Students' Union.
-University of Salford Council member 16/17
-University of Salford Senate member 16/17
-NUS Union Development committee member 16/17
-NUS delegate 2016
-President of the Middlesex International Students’ Association of Mauritius (MISAM)
I have proactively represented every member of Salford SU by championing inclusion and diversity, placing the students at the heart of the SU and challenging the status quo and this is what I intend to do as ISO.
- Audrey Sebatindira, Cambridge University Students Union
- Adebowale Adebiyi, Coventry University Students Union
- Lilian Oliveira, University of West London Students Union
- Ana Popa, Sheffield Students Union
- Zainab Donli, University of Surrey Students Union
- Kelechi Anyaoha, Cranfield Students Association
- Obinna Abraham, Sunderland Students Union
- Funmi Olaosebikan, Beds SU
- Cynthia Ekezie, Hertfordshire Students Union
- Vivian Nwagboso, DeMontfort Students Union
University of South Wales Students Union
United and Inclusive international Campaign
As an international student and sabbatical officer, I have seen a wide range of problems that international students have to deal with. From biometric attendance monitoring
to threats of deportation, on top of welfare and education issues every student might face, we really have to deal with a lot more than home students do to get our education.
My goal is to help international students with every obstacle they face, no matter how big or small. I want to increase engagement from international students in the students’ movement, and make our movement more inclusive.
- Elizabeth Schaming, University of South Wales Students' Union
- Elizabeth Strange, Undeb Bangor
- Virginia Constantinou, University of East Anglia Students' Union
- Kelly Sutton, Trinity Saint David Students' Union
- Kaylee Neff, London South Bank University Students' Union
- Martin Ubler, Cardiff University Students' Union
- Swetha Kommareddy, Staffordshire University Students' Union
- Anthea Coxe, Keele University Students' Union
- Nathan Boccia, University of Birmingham Guild of Students
- Dana Winter, Leeds University Union
Vote Yinbo For NUS ISO #Yinbo4ISO
Hi I’m Yinbo Yu, a full-time postgraduate student at UCL. I’m running to be your next NUS International Students Officer.
As the first ever Chinese student elected as sabbatical officer at University of East Anglia, I know just how much international students have been under-represented in student movement. Following Brexit, we've witnessed an increase in xenophobia and racism, on and off our campuses.
We must take a stand and demand better representation and support for our education. I want to take the lead in transforming International Students Campaign into a dynamic and inclusive movement that empowers every international student.
- Mostafa Rajaai, NUS
- Malaika Jaovisidha, UEA Students Union
- Hansika Jethnani, Arts Students' Union
- Deborah Hermanns, LSE Students' Union
- Asuna Okubo, UCLSU
- Krum Tashev, Canterbury Christ Church Students' Union
- Rahul Singh, Heriot-Watt University Students Union
- Raj Jeyaraj, University of Strathclyde Students' Union
- Laolu Adesina, Bristol Students' Union
- Santhana Gopalakrishnan, Sheffield University Students' Union
Re open nominations (RON)