Mission, Vision and Values
National Union of Students
Our vision is of NUS as a pioneering, innovative and powerful campaigning organisation: the definitive national voice of students.
We will fight barriers to education, empower students to shape both a quality learning experience and the world around them, supporting influential, democratic and well-resourced students’ unions.
To make this vision a reality, NUS will:
- Promote, defend and extend the rights of students
- Develop and champion strong students’ unions
To achieve our vision and mission we believe three core values are crucial:
- Equality - We believe there should be equality of opportunity for everyone to participate fully in a society that celebrates diversity.
- Democracy - Our policies and priorities must be student-led and students’ union-focused through building open, transparent and accessible democratic structures that increase performance and strengthen accountability.
- Collectivism - Students and students’ unions are more effective when they organise together locally, nationally and internationally: unity is our strength.
Download our strategies document
Create, develop and sustain competitive advantages for member Students’ Unions – reducing costs and maximising commercial
- Commerce with conscience - In all of our dealings with stakeholders drive forward the markets leading ethical and environmental principles and corporate social responsibility agenda.
- Value for money - Acting in a cost conscious and efficient manner while constantly increasing the value of our services to our stakeholders.
- For and by students - A core belief in being student-led, democratic, equitable and being at the forefront of societal developments.
- Professional, receptive and knowledgeable - Actively demonstrating our expertise in areas ranging from market intelligence to product management, commercial development to customer and organisational support while being receptive to external initiatives.